Welcome to the wonderful world of opensource GIS!
We love opensource GIS software - and QGIS in particular. On this basis, we have decided to create this website, in hope that it will become a valuable resource, that many people will find useful.
The main features of the website are:
- The forum, where you can post questions and discuss opensource GIS
- The QGIS 2.0 tutorial, where we show you how to quickly get started with QGIS
- The QGIS API (older API's also available)
- The IRC chat room, where you can get in contact with the developers of QGIS
- Latest news from the opensource GIS world
- And hopefully, in time, much more exciting and free content
We welcome you to read the tutorials, register in the forum, and become an active part of our community. We will do our best to answer any questions you might have.
The main focus of this website will be on QGIS and it's related projects. However, in time, we aim to offer support and tutorials on other great GIS projects, such as GeoServer, OpenLayers and GeoEXT, to name a few.
Rest assured, that all efforts have been made, to make this forum spam-free, using the very latest anti-spam techniques.
Enjoy your stay,
The qgisforum.org team.